Jumat, 06 Oktober 2017

Short Post about Gathapraya

   On September 30, the event that my school had hyped for quite a while was finally arrived, Gathapraya. It was the name of an Indonesian cultural festival that SMAN 3 always hold anually. I had fun and regrets during this festival and now I would like to talk about it.

   In the morning around 07:30, the organizers told us to came on Saparua sport field first, because all 10th graders must join a parade. Female must wear kebaya, so I wore it. There was nothing special about my kebaya since it was the one that I always wear to school on Wednesday. The parade started at 9 AM, so for one and a half hour we were shown dance performances from an elementary school and a dance studio. It was a very good performances. Then 6 horses came. It was the Kuda Renggong! Basically, Kuda Renggong is a horse that can "dance" when a music is played. Okay, but a little bit controversial opinion here, I kinda feel bad for the horses because they were whipped pretty harshly. I know why the horse coach did that, if they weren't whipped the horse wouldn't dance or something, but isn't that some form of animal cruelty? I don't know, maybe I'm just being too sensitive, lately I've become an animals addict (except bugs, no thank you) so maybe I'm overthinking this. Anyway, the Kuda Renggong performed for a while then the organizers told us to form a line because the parade will start. I was so happy because I was starting to get bored by just sitting around. In the parade, there were a lot of people outside 10th graders, such as Kuda Renggong (obviously), Ontel Bicycle Club, some kind of bird-thingy that I don't know what to call, and the elementary school students joined the parade as well. The route wasn't that far, but ugh the horses walked really slowly. Walking under the sun extremely slowly while you were wearing quite a thick clothes wasn't the best choice. My classmates Fariz and Fathia were so lucky because they were riding horses. The reason why they didn't walk on the parade was because they were the fashion models of our class, and our class along with 2 others were chosen to ride the horses. I was so jealous argh.
The Parade


Kuda Renggong
Elementary School Students

   So we finally arrived on Bali sport field, and I really love the decoration! The locket looked really nice, the gateway was great as well, and the stage looked amazing. There were a huge screen on the stage and a sign that said "Gathapraya". The decorators must've been working hard and I applaud them. There were also a bunch of murals. Remember Adhiwikara? I posted about that event sometimes ago. A lot of murals from that competition were shown, such as a Lutung Kasarung mural from XI Science 8. That mural was gorgeous. I can't believe a bunch of high school students were able to make a piece that looked like it was made by professional. The color choice, the composition, argh, it was so perfect! Another mural from Adhiwikara that I loved was a Nyi Roro Kidul mural. There were 2 dragons (horses? idk) in the sea and Nyi Roro Kidul was riding them. I don't know which class made that mural, but if you are reading this, I love your mural so much! Adhiwikara's murals weren't the only murals that were shown on that day, there were also mural that was made from an art studio I believe. I forgot the name, but their works were so memorable.
The entrance
Locket

Fariz and Fathia (the one who wore Kalimantan outfit on the middle)
Gathapraya Stage
Cepot on the Food Festival
WIP of a really cool mural
Definitely one of my favorite
Lutung Kasarung
Nyi Roro Kidul

    The food on Gathapraya is delicious. It was pricey, yes, but I really love it. There's an ice cream stand on there and their ice cream was tasty! I bought a bubblegum ice cream by the way. There were a lot of choices on that ice cream stand and I wish I could buy them all but I didn't have enough money. Oh and I didn't buy this product, but there were a stand that sold beverages in some kind of baby bottle? I think that was a genius product packaging!
 
   Unfortunately, I regret that I didn't went to Gathapraya until the end of the show. I thought all my friends came home in the evening, so I said to my mom that I will be home at 4 AM. Apparently, all my friends changed their mind and ended up stayed on Gathapraya until night. I have never been feeling more betrayed by myself on that day. I felt like I was being stabbed in the back by my shadow or something. Well, regret does come last, so I should've expected that. Overall it was an amazing event that I wish I could've stay longer.

1 komentar:

  1. Angka Mistik Mbah Suro 4 Angka Magnet Jitu Angka Bocor

    Hubungi Kami di :
    WA: +6287785425244

    BalasHapus